Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Something Really Funny and Nice Happened Tonight

So there I was, riding my bike through Porter Square, bundled up, freezing to death, trudging along, the bitter wind pushing against me. Suddenly I felt a very gentle arm around my waist, behind my back, and I turned to see that a cute male cyclist was riding along right next to me.

I laughed, and said, "WHAT are you DOING?"

He said, "I'm giving you a push."

I said, "Why?" and "Thanks!" at the same time. We both laughed.

I guess he could tell my legs were slowly freezing into a solid block of ice. And decided to give me a hand.

How weird, for Boston/Cambridge. For someone to be just NICE. Must be something to do with the moon. Or the mess at NBC late night! Or the economy? Or the extra-terrestrials have finally gotten their world-wide mind-evolution program fully underway at long last?

So then I went to Shaw's/Star market and bought a lottery scratch ticket for $2 and won $5!

Yay!!! Sometimes it helps to be happy for small miracles.

I still cannot believe someone in Cambridge was nice enough to give me a hand without me even asking for it. Wow. (OK, it has happened before, but not NEARLY often enough!) Thank you universe, and nice guy on the bike. I needed that!

No comments: