Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti Suffers While US Power-Mongers Play Games

Went riding my bike in the rain this evening, and it felt SO good. Fresh air, cold rain on my face, moving through the cold wind.

I feel so ANGRY and sad and upset about what the United States is doing in Haiti. Many countries have complained that they have tried to land with relief supplies (including medicine and food) at the Port au Prince airport and the US has refused them entry.

The US controls the Haitian airport now. WHAT IS GOING ON???? The excuse of the US is that the airport is bottle-necked. Give me a break. As I have said in the past, when the United States WANTS to be organized, it is VERY GOOD at that. For example: organizing PR campaigns via the media to disseminate lies in order to invade a country for oil and power strategems (i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan)--EXCELLENT work, boys!

Organizing to bomb an ancient city to smithereens (Baghdad). Fantastic.

But try to save the lives of desperately poor people, pleading for help while children die in their mothers' arms, from relatively simple, treatable injuries (broken bones, open wounds)? Wow, that is just TOO complicated, it seems.

Doctors Without Borders have been very blunt in expressing their disgust. An inflatable hospital was airlifted to Haiti, but the US refused to allow the plane to land at the airport. Instead, planes with medical supplies and food have been forced to land in Santo Domingo and travel overland, which means time wasted and many more lives lost. (I will write more about this in the coming days, but PLEASE do your own research on the web--check European news sources. They will often be more reliable than the US. And READ BETWEEN THE LINES.)

OK, I am going to be BLUNT. I believe, as I did with Katrina, that there are those among the "powers that be" that actually WANT a large percentage of the Haitian population to die. For one thing, the rebellious nature of the Haitian people (including the audacity to want a democratically elected government of their own choosing as opposed to one that is US-chosen), is problematic for the US corporate government.

Essentially, the view of the bullies who still run things in America is that, in order to get the "most" out of any country, the US needs to be IN CONTROL. The very idea of negotiating fairly is anathema to these guys.

Do you know what this is? Psychopathic bullying and GREED. Plain and simple.

I really look forward to the day when we have 12-step programs for such bloodthirsty power-mongers. "Hi, my name is John." "Hi John." "I'm a psychopathic greedy power-monger." (everyone in the room nods) "But I haven't exploited any poor people for the past 90 days." (everyone claps) "It's been difficult, but I keep working my program, and I really want to thank my sponsor, Hugo." Hugo Chavez smiles broadly from the corner. And the world breathes a sigh of relief.

Well, I can dream, can't I?

No comments: